Delivering your scrap vehicle
We want you to be able to deliver your vehicle to one of our Authorised Treatment Facilities quickly, safely and efficiently. To do so we need you to follow a few simple steps. Please read the guidance before arriving at site.
This guidance is only for customers who have sold their vehicle to EMR Metal Recycling through the Vehicle Recycling website and where price has already been agreed.
This guidance is regularly reviewed to ensure that it is in line with the government’s advice on COVID-19 working practices. Our site teams have been trained on safe COVID-19 working practices and will maintain social distancing and practice good hygiene when receiving your vehicle. Please follow any instructions given to you by our staff.
Please remember to follow self-isolation guidance issued by the Government. Do not attend site if you or someone you live with displays symptoms i.e. a new continuous cough and/or a high temperature.
Delivery to EMR Vehicle Recycling
1. Even though you have uploaded the following documents to the EMR Vehicle Recycling website, please bring physical copies of the following with you: V5 logbook, Photo ID (either photo driving licence or passport), a recent utility bill or a local authority council tax bill for the current tax year, your bank account details.
2. PPE is mandatory when on site. You will be required to wear a high visibility jacket and hard hat. If you have your own PPE please bring this with you, otherwise it will be available at the depot but there may be a small charge.
3. On arrival at site please contact the weighbridge and inform them that you are dropping off a vehicle that you have sold via the EMR Vehicle Recycling website.
4. The weighbridge staff will direct you to the designated EMR Vehicle Recycling drop off zone.
5. Please wait in your vehicle until you are approached by an EMR member of staff. Please follow their
instructions at all times.
6. Once you have left the vehicle please retreat to the indicated customer drop off area.
7. You may be asked to leave your documentation on the car seat so that it can be photographed.
A member of staff will ask you to return to the vehicle and remove the documentation once it has been photographed.
8. You will then be asked to open the doors and boot of the vehicle so that we can conduct a quick inspection. Please leave your keys in the vehicle at this point.
9. A member of staff will then complete the inspection. In the unlikely event that there are any issues with your vehicle, you will be notified and asked if you want to proceed with the sale.
10. If there are no issues with your vehicle or you give your consent to proceed, we will complete the purchase and a member of our team will escort you to the exit.
11. You will receive payment within 24 hours direct to your bank account. Your receipt will be emailed to you.
12. Your vehicle will be de-registered with the DVLA by EMR Metal Recycling and a Certificate of Destruction (CoD) can be sent to you on request. Please call the receiving EMR Metal Recycling depot to request your CoD.